Wednesday 31 October 2018

100 WC

“Umm... why?”, I ask. I was standing on the roof of a three-story building being asked to jump. Behind me, Charlotte, rolls her eyes.
“Because I said so! That’s how it works.” Her minions nod furiously.
“Look, I don’t think this is a-”
“Do you want to be in our group or not?!”, she snaps.
“No.” Silence. I can practically taste the confusion in the air. “Can I go?” I ask. I’d only followed them because I was lost and saw they were heading towards the food court. I didn’t think I’d end up here.
“Oh,” Charlotte says finally, a glint of menace in her eyes. She walks towards me, arms outstretched. I’m only a metre away from the edge of the roof. The wind buffets my face and suddenly she - wait; no. She takes my arm.
“Do you want me to get you an uber?” Charlotte asks. I audibly gasp, relieved. Not today!

Note - 154 words

2 comments:

  1. Catherine- I like the twist in your writing. Well done. Your writing is punctuated extremely well which adds meaning to your work, as well as incorporating dialogue. Tremendous job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a lot of good punctuation :)

    ReplyDelete