Tuesday 13 March 2018

100 Word Challenge 13/3/18

A Child's Fantasy

Colourful clouds swirl and coil rapidly around each other. Leaves and wild flowers are tinted orange from the rising sun, which shows slivers of it's welcome face through the silver branches of trees. Giant teacups, plates and bowls of glinting porcelain scatter the forest, while the birds atop them sing their morning chorus. I float up from the ground and hover about the glistening tree tops, my bare feet tickled by twigs. The sky is full of softly coloured balloons who bob to my side, cherishing the sunrise with me. But this isn't the real world. And I still have real places to visit and real sights to see. So goodbye imagination, my dear friend, I hope to see you again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine!

    I really liked your story! The imagery you used in your description of the beautiful sunrise was really attention grabbing and meant I could really visualise the scene you were describing. I particularly enjoyed how you described how the sun "shows slivers of its welcome face", which I thought was very original and a really great poetic sounding phrase.

    I also enjoyed the twist at the end of your story- its very true that imaginary places can be so beautiful it makes you just wish they were real! But luckily, I think there are some places in the real world that are so beautiful that they are as good as anything you can imagine, however they are quite rare!

    Keep writing!
    Anastasia
    Team 100WC, Oxford, England

    ReplyDelete