Thursday 22 March 2018

100 Word Challenge 22/3/18

Fear.

I wake with a start and instinctively rub my eyes. Something is off. I'm a deep sleeper and never usually wake in the night. Surveying my room, I try find a clue as to what could have woken me. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot something pale and luminous. My muscles clench with fear, and goosebumps rush up and down my back. It's at the top of my chest of drawers. How did it get up there? What is it? All thoughts disappear instantaneously and I ogle in absolute horror as it falls onto my bed. I scream as my eyes rest apon it.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your opening sentence and the way you have varied the length of sentences to create effect. Continue to think about where you could use question marks. Love your vocabulary selection. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete